• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Super Acrosport very low price

rdwrv4

Reaction score
Ok I will sell this beautiful plane without the engine and prop for 7K!!!. It has 750 TT it is in great flying condition includes a Garmin 196 a KT76 transponder and a Icom hand held all instruments. A christen wobble pump and fuel valve plus the exhaust. It has an AUX tank that can be plumbed for smoke too. I will consider delivery. This plane looks and flys GREAT!!! and is in current condition inspection. PM me if you are interested, You could dissemble it and rebuild it as light sport too. I sold the bike though it was pretty neat too.

ebay 006.jpg

ebay 005.jpg

rdwrv4

Reaction score
it is still on it, is a o-320 e2a I think It is a complete flying plane in great condition I love to fly it

rdwrv4

Reaction score
yes $15,000. you know you could re-engine and recertify as light sport with the right DAR

macwolf

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Any reason you wouldn't just want to buy it and fly it as-is? Why recertify as light sport, why re-engine?

Looks nice.. cheap opportunity for someone to get a plane and do acro! Unless there's something the matter with it.... engine timex?

rdwrv4

Reaction score
no nothing wrong with it Stewart A warbird judge from Oshosh inspected it.No problems. I fly it regularly. I would like to sell it without the engine and use the engine in an RV but would sell it complete.

jgross

DR-107 (formerly jimrgross)
Reaction score
Do you have it listed anywhere else with the full specs? Inverted oil and gas? Type carb?

Jim

will moffitt

Will moffitt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the phone calls Robyn, but I bought the stardusterI. Built by a pro and in excellent shape! If it had of been in Florida instead of on the Pacific in Washington State I am sure it would have sold for more. Talk about out in the woods. You Acro sounds like an excellent buy, better than mine, but the 1500 miles was a deal killer. Side by side I would have bought yours in a heartbeat. I am sure at that price it will sell soon. It took me a year to sell my Cessna so I have established values pretty well watching Barnstormers and lurking on the forum. I got a fair deal, yours looks like a really good price.
Good luck

will

ps

Enclosed hanger on the coast is $80 a month!

Hoss

Reaction score
You can't even get a storage unit for $80a month.
You willing to trade.

Moose

Reaction score
yes $15,000. you know you could re-engine and recertify as light sport with the right DAR
I just went through this with a DAR on a 7AC. Once an airplane has been certified, or anything done to it that would take it outside the guidelines of a LSA, it can not be put into LSA. ... For example, a 7AC that has been documented as having a Beech-Roby (controllable pitch) prop, no longer qualifies for LSA.

I think you'd have to break it all down and make it a "new" airplane.

Now, I don't agree with the FAA's interpretation of the rules, so don't shoot the messenger, please!

rdwrv4

Reaction score
gee moose your right but if you convince a DAR you did 51% your in but that doesnt matter the point it could be Light sport but you would have to recertify.

kevgofly

Registered Users
Reaction score
Is your Acro still for sale?
Thanks in advance, Kev

Latest posts