• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Swept wing biplanes weight and balance questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bentonbee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi biplane experts,
I have a few questions about weight and balance in swept wing biplanes such as the Jungmeister, Marquart Charger, Skyote, and Jungster 1.
1. Does the swept wing biplanes have a wider range in weight and balance since with wings are swept.

2. How do you figure the weight and balance of a swept wing biplane? I know the mechanics of doing weight and balance in a straight wing biplane but how does the swept wings changes things?

The reason I am asking this is because Rim Kaminskas who designed the Jungster 1 biplane the prototype weighted 606 lbs with a 0-235. Aerobatic max weight is 850 lbs. And gross weight of 1000 lbs. That is almost a 400 lb load and it had a 16 gallon fuel tank in the fuselage that was at the weight and balance area so empty tank did not effect the trim. That is quite a load for a 600 lb plane. ..
I used to sell the plans for the Jungsters for Stan McLeod and I have always wondered this. I have never built a Jungster design nor any plane yet. I talked to Rim on the phone once some years ago, I wish I had thought to ask him these questions, specifically about his wonderful designs.
Thanks all
Mike Townsley

Latest posts

Back