• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

T-88 - is it supposed to be so thick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barchiola

This space available.
Reaction score
I ran out of West System epoxy last week and had a few things I wanted to glue together so I grabbed my old T-88 bottles and went to the kitchen to warm them up. After suspending them in very hot water for a while, the clear stuff was nice and loose but the darker stuff stayed kind of thick. After it all returned to room temperature the clear stuff still moved around pretty easily but the dark half was more like very warm taffy. I made a couple of test pieces and they held fine and broke just like you'd want them to but, is the dark part of t-88 really supposed to be so thick? i don't have the muscles to squeeze that stuff out of the bottle if I need any more than a small batch or two.
the thickness of it is really nice though as the glue stays in the joints better than the West System stuff without adding a ton of filler.
Thanks,
Bart

Latest posts

Back