• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Tail wheel / Spring Alignment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanks to all on my plans questions. I have attached a picture of the tail wheel assembly it looks like it is leaning sideways the bolt that holds the tail wheel assembly to the spring was to long and loose. Installed new hardware still leans. I think the spring may be bent. Any one have any thoughts ? Any ideas where a new spring could be sourced? When replacing hardware I checked tail wheel assembly it is tight and locks straight

Another question this air craft is powered with lyc IO 540. The crankcase vent tube is extended to the tail wheel the hose needs replaced it is brittle and weeping oil through the hose. The other concern is I don’t see any where to relieve crankcase pressure if hose were to freeze and cause pressure to build damaging seals etc on engine? What type of tubing is anyone using ? Any ideas on venting near engine in case hose at tail of aircraft freeze’s .

Thank you jeff

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 69
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 68

Latest posts

Back