• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Taking offers on N459K

KevinS

Registered Users
Reaction score
Airplane is flying great. I flew her down to Sun-N-Fun which was always a goal of mine. Got into some heavy rain but made it, loud, wet, and a big grin! Got a "Best Biplane Expiremental" award!
Iv'e had allot of fun with her but it's now time to move on to roll-up windows and a back seat. I'm looking at Fairchild 24's at the moment and have the biplane on Barnstormers. It's gonna be like selling a Kidney...
Here's a photo:
IMG_0135.jpg

Eric_Anderson

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Price? (I can't afford it but forum rules, I think)

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Eric It is posted on Barnstormers'

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]AWARD WINNING HOT ROD BIPLANE! • $64,000 • ACCEPTING OFFERS • Custom modified Starduster Too with custom built 100hrs SMOH 240HP Continental W670-9A Radial with aircraft pistons, Eclipse starter, light weight alt, Gulfcoast crank and NAR6G aircraft carb. Leather interior cockpit surrounds, Cleveland dual puck brakes, full controls front & rear. Custom canopy cover, King radio & transponder, intercom. Excellent all around performance and aerobatics, cruise 135 to 140 mph. If you’re looking for a classic 1930’s style Biplane with performance, this is it! Regrettably, must replace with antique cabin airplane for family. Current annual & transponder cert. • Contact Kevin R. Shaw, Owner - located Woodstock, GA USA • Telephone:[/FONT]

Carlyle

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have been drooling over it since I seen it on Barnstormers. Curious as to the weight and how the C of G worked out.

KevinS

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hope I didn't break any rules. I'm new here but have been a long time member at the old Starduster forum since early days as I was building.:eek:
C G works out great with 15" mount ,Odesy bat on firewall and oil tank (5gal) behind seat.Stalls are gentle power on or off and spin recovery normal with release of control input. I land it fairly fast on concrete, cary 100mph (87knots)on final and wheel it on or 3 point it on grass slower, cruises 135 mph at 2000prm leaned back 16gph.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Starduster, Kevin. I'm hoping my Radial Skybolt turns out just as nice.

Carlyle

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What does it weigh and what is left for useful. I was thinking it might be pilot only for aerobatics.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What is it covered and painted with? Looks outstanding!

KevinS

Registered Users
Reaction score
Empty weight is 1528lbs max aerobatic weight is 2000lbs if you limit maneuvers to +-5G
Aircraft covering is Superflight ceconite and finish.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin...excuse my ignorance but isn't Superflight and Ceconite two different things? Top coat Ranthane? Maybe it's Superflight fabric...with Ceconite process chemicals and paint? Looks amazing. I always like to hear what others have done to achieve a great finish.

KevinS

Registered Users
Reaction score
The fabric is Superflite which I thought was ceconite. I could be mistaken.I'll try and find my notes. The topcoat and primer are also Superflite.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any chance you can fly up to WV and let me try in on trial for the weekend? ;) I'll put you up and feed you.........well, someone will take care of you, I'll be flying........:D

Oh well, anyway, I surely admire your airplane but no chance I can make a home for it......

Jack

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kevin, where did this end up going? I hope to see it in person one day. Have you found your new plane yet?

KevinS

Registered Users
Reaction score
Plane went to Oklahoma City. Im looking for a Fairchild 24 with a Jake or Continental W670

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OKC? And I haven't heard who or where...Im disappointed in myself (I live in OKC) mind sharing the name? I might know of a Fairchild with a 220 Cont...I know where a nice one is its just a matter if he would sell. Did the white and red one sell? It was for sale not long ago (it had a 220 and even came with floats)

Latest posts