• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Terrorizing the Skies of Central New York

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I should introduce myself after lurking around the site for a couple of days. There is WAY more information than I can absorb! What a fabulous wealth of information.
My name is Dan Williams and I live in Liverpool, New York, a suburb of Syracuse. I'm a rather low time pilot, but I'm working on that. I've been scratch building RC models forever, so this plans building stuff should work out for me. I got my private ticket in '93 and flew for a couple of years, but never really worked out the comfort factor while flying because I didn't hit it hard enough to get past that. Eventually, I lost interest at the time and started flying RC helicopters. That sucked away all my money. I then built a couple of street rods basically from scratch. More money. I got re-inspired last year and got myself current again. I've flown quite a bit and am starting to get comfortable at the yoke. At the beginning of my training, I got about 5 hrs of Cub time, about 10 hrs of C170 time, passed my check-ride with a Tri-Pacer and then mostly C172 time up to now. Let's see if I remember ANY of my taildragger skills!
In '94, my second trip to Oshkosh, I bought a set of Acrosport 2 plans. I joined EAA but never really carried on with the idea of the build. Fast forward to today. I dusted off the plans and am ready to move forward. I have no idea what changes have come about since my plans were printed. That'll be my first task. But, my EAA chapter is fairly prolific with projects and a couple of the guys are in deep with teaching building skills at the various EAA academies, so I think I'll be in good hands. That's about it. I'm ready to build!

Dan

Latest posts

Back