• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

The Hatz, And LSA Pilots

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pooch

Reaction score
I'm a private pilot who is partners in a Sonexwith a buddy who is only light sport qualified.
We've decided to sell the Sonex and get a biplane.
I've found someone with a nice Hatz, who is interested in the Sonex. A trade is in the making, but it's a CB-1 and is not LSA.
Question is this. Can the Hatz be made into an LSA qualified airplane? Know anyone who has made an LSA Hatz CB-1?
Hope it's not a stupid question, and that you're all laughing right now!!
But, really, I love this little plane and don't want to lose Jeff as a partner. We have a pretty good partner relationship, here.
He's found a pretty little plane called a Willie2. LSA? The long nose scares me a bit, though. I've gotten use to thatdocile little Sonex.
I think I'm leaning towards the Hatz and it's easy handing characteristics.
Thanks ahead of time, for any replies.

Latest posts

Back