• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

The Humble Art of Assistant Judging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all. Last weekend I found myself stumbling badly trying to assist Advanced and Unlimited sequences (and even once during Primary--so ashamed). I put out a feeler on the "Exploder" seeking guidance on how to be a good caller. It turned into such a detailed discussion that I thought it might merit a wider audience. The following article can be sourced from some work Wes has done along with the guidance from other judges with an opinion on the subject. The article is pretty short (1500 words) to maximize its chances of making it into Sport Aerobatics. If length wasn't an issue I'd get into a little more detail with some scripted sequences. But as it stands, it contains plenty of information that I did not know a week ago.

Any input, either factual or grammatica,l is welcome.

Article in Google Docs

I tried to upload as a PDF but that isn't possible with an iPad. If you don't trust external links, do not click above.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back