• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

The Laser 200 distraction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ironman43

Reaction score
Okay so I have been "working" on an Acroduster for several years. In the mid to late eighties I started the first one. Then a divorce happened and that project "disappeared". Then after a few years and another divorce, I have managed to get another Acroduster project which I have been "working" on now for almost two years. It was interrupted by what I thought would be an easy to fix EAA biplane that I could fly from my backyard so I sold it.
Then last summer while I was visiting my kids, we went to see a Laser that had flown before and looked like an "easy" fix. Both of my boys were excited so I bought the plane. Well, I got it home and it turned out to be much more of a project than I figured. The engine was not what it was represented to be which kind of upset me but I kind of figured it would be since it was built by a non aircraft mechanic. So, the engine parts are off being overhauled. I'm going to build the engine up myself using 10:1 pistons and new crank and cam.
In the mean time, my Acroduster project is lingering. Hopefully, I will be able to work on it in the summer. I'll post some Laser photos soon and then some Acroduster photos.

Latest posts

Back