• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Throttle Cables For Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittsdreamer

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Greetings to Pitts Forumators!

Some will notice that this is my first post in this forum, but please delay hitting the delete key just yet. I am a huge fan of the Pitts Specials, and while I do not own one, it is still on the bucket list.
Here is the deal. Years ago, I worked for a shop in the Sierra Foothills where we custom built and modified Pitts S-1(C&S) models (including work for Herb Ross as I am sure that there are some xxxHR Pitts owners here). When that shop closed, I inherited various parts and pieces that have been kicking around my hangar for years, and they need to be moved. I have approximately 10 of what I believe to be throttle cables for the S-1 series. They are tagged as "Cable Assy, Throttle", but research on the P/N (2995-034-3681) has not given me any info. They have the standard 10/32 threads on each end and the overall length is 46 1/4" See photos for more details (note: the cable is centered in the photo of the end, so one can do the math on various lengths). All of them are new, in original packaging, and the one that I opened works smooth. As they are quite old, I would be willing to let them go for $25.00/ea + shipping.

Anyway, I thought that I could find some folks here who might be able to use them. I will get the measurements today and post what I find, inclusive of a photo. If anyone has the specs on the throttle cable, please post it up.

Thanks for reading this, and please know that I did not join just to pedal stuff!

IMG_0280.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back