• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Throttle Quads...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 220.45% completed
Reaction score
I've said it before... the guys on here inspire me to push my limits.

Scottly started a thread showing the steps he took to build Mac's throttle quadrants. JimW showed a few pictures of the jigs he made to route the aluminum pieces for it. I was going to buy the quads but then said what the heck... so I gave it a try.

I put a few custom touches on it.
The yellow with black scallops, kinda like the design I have in mind for the paint job, is cut out of graphic vinyl. The knobs are custom too. Just got them back, that's what took so long to have these completed. (Go to my site and go to the links page for a link to the guy who created these.)

I sent the guy who made these two "coins" that I cut out of aluminum. I had him set these into the top of the knob so that I could attach a decal that I had one of the guys at my work make.

The yellow on the levers... a custom paint I had one of the guys at work mix up for me to match the yellow in the knobs and the yellow of the vinyl.

Thanks for the inspiration, guys. Now it's on to tackling those fuel tanks.

20080819_061843_QuadsCompleted.JPG
Edited by: Jerry

Latest posts

Back