• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Tinkerbell paint

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooter

Registered Users
Reaction score
The Tinkerbell project is progressing well. I have had a few set backs due to my inexperience with the Stewart system finish. Dan Stewart came to my rescue each and every time Ineeded him with expert advice to get me out of trouble. I thank him for that and you can see the results that I have had. Visit my gallery from the forum home page later today to view even more photos of my progress. Oshkosh bound

20090523_075029_spinner_pants_p.jpg

pants and spinner eko primed and readt for top coat

20090523_075716_lwr_wing_mask.jpg

wing lower surface in eko poly insignia white masked for tipp striping

20090523_075812_lwr_wing_stripe.jpg

striping colors completed

20090523_075916_lwr_wing_stripe.jpg

nice edges, no bleed through

20090523_075959_masked_checkers.jpg

masking for the fading checkers. This is going to be good.

20090523_080201_FINISHED_CHECKE.jpg

Damn, I love it when a plan comes together.

20090523_080443_lwr_wing_blue.jpg

the upper surface of the lower wing in Bahama blue eko poly.

Latest posts

Back