• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Tinkerbell Toot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tooter

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hello to all.

This is my first post, so hang with me. I own and fly N848Z Tinkerbell Toot. The build started on4/1/58 and first flight was 9/30/1961. Builder was Robert Grieger of Oak Harbour, Ohio.The aircraft has a pretty storied history as I reviewed the four logbooks that accompanied the airplane. It seems both Paul, and Tom Poberezney flew the airplane from 1969 to 1970. Wes Schmid and Ray Crowley after that.
I have been Tommy Meyer's partner in crime since 1991, and even before that with the large scale R/C models. I have been a Quality Engineerat Vought Aircraft in Grand Prairie, Texas for 29 years. Programs I have been oninclude theA7, S3-A, B1-B, B2, and currently Boeing 747 and 767. I plan to retire in June '09 and devote full timewith Tommy to complete the 2 place Big Toot. As some of you have seen in a previous post , I flew Tink today. We had decent weather, but windy. At least it was down the runway. So I have this big Toot smile that won't go away for a few days. Winter is coming so we have to grab these days as they come. Nice to see the renewed interest in the Toot.
More to come.

Latest posts

Back