• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

To anyone wanting to add a Canopy to AS I

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firepilot1

Reaction score
Anyone that wants to add a sliding canopy to thier AcroSport I.....

I have a used rail and framework system with fiberglass fairings that I pulled off my AcroSport. The rails need some work and I can include new ones that I purchased. The new rails are just slightly different than the old so some modifications will have to be made. The windshield and canopy are new glass that has a rubbery coating over it to prevent scratches while installling. The fiberglass fairing wraps around from the front of the rails all the way around the back of the canopy. The windshield also has a fiberglass fairing. Fairing are yellow in color. New glass is clear.

Some TLC needed to the frame and rails but other than that it is a really good start to adding a canopy to AS I.

Email if interested... [email protected].

Tim A.
20090829_190002_007.jpg
20090829_190150_009.jpg
20090829_190334_008.jpg

Latest posts

Back