• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Toot vs Pitts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlebiplane

Reaction score
Could someone help me out with a decision. I don't want to start a big shootout between the two airplanes but I had intended on ordering plans for a pitts S1 when I discovered the Toot. It's hard to find information about it compared to the Pitts, and I have searched pretty good. It seems like a real nice, strong airplane. Just looking at the photos leads me to believe visibility would be better than a Pitts, but it's hard to tell.

Onw thing Ilike isthe idea of the two piece wing on top, it makes it much easier to make in the garage before putting it into the hangar.

Anyhow, I guess i was wondering why you Toot builders chose the Toot over the Pitts. Any advice would be much appreciated.

One more question if i may, on the Little Toot website I see two plans listed, big ones and small ones. Are the small ones for a $100 actual plans? Do I need both? The website doesn't explain what the difference is between them or if theirboth required. Money isn't the issue, I just don't understand.

Thanks for helping me out guys!
Kind reguards
Mike

Latest posts

Back