• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Top wing attach fitting placement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff

In Remembrance 7/14/20200
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where to drill through the spar for the upper wing attach fittings?

From what I understand, the steel plate fitting are bolted to the rear spar. Then the wing is positioned to the cabanes, all measurements are done and then the steel attach fittings are lined up for the front spar.
Let me know if I am incorrect with this?

Now the question...
The correct position for drilling through rear spar.
A) -Do I line up the holes to match the spar center line or
B) -Do I find the middle of the holes and line this up with the spar center line?

I have tried all over the place to see the correct position but nothing found!
Any information will be appreciated. This is scary stuff and I do not want to drill the spar and find I screwed up!

Cheers.

DSCN3495 (800x600).jpg

DSCN3496 (800x600).jpg

Latest posts

Back