• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Trade My Christen Eagle II For ???

SSkybolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I am considering trading or selling my Eagle for a Skybolt, RV, or something interesting. If you have an interest, let me know.

My Eagle is very nice, has 1071 TT and about 510 SMOH. It seems to be nicer than what I have seen listed on BS lately.

Phil

Last edited:

Tomcat

Reaction score
How much would you sell it for? I've got a guy interested in buying an eagle.

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If I wasn't in the early stages of a love affair with my Skybolt, that would be a consideration.

gmann750

Reaction score
I'm very serious about buying an eagle, in fact I'm flying to Texas weds to look at one, please elaborate on what makes yours nicer than the ones on barnstormers? I just want to know in case I'm missing something, cause the one looks pretty nice.Thnx Mark

SSkybolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm very serious about buying an eagle, in fact I'm flying to Texas weds to look at one, please elaborate on what makes yours nicer than the ones on barnstormers? I just want to know in case I'm missing something, cause the one looks pretty nice.Thnx Mark
I should answer, because it's mine, but I will pass...:D

My Eagle was built by an Electrical Engineer who paid engineers attention to the minute details. It is built well, has new tires, tailwheel, battery and has been watched over by a meticulous A&P for the last 7(+-) years. The 2 most interesting items are: 1) Wireless aileron trim 2) An ingenious smoke oil fill system which is a pressurized tank which fills through a quick connect on the firewall. It is a nice plane and that is my opinion. I am sure there are nice Eagles (Pigpenracing!!) all over Texas, but I am not selling those.

I am sure they are all nice aircraft.

Phil

Last edited:

pigpenracing

Reaction score
You looking at Geary Blairs airplane?

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I would look at Geary Blair's also. It's around the same area if your over there. Geary has a real nice one and it has a whirlwind prop. I have not seen Steve's but the pics really didn't impress me. Maybe just personal opinion? I would check out sskybolts also. Heck your in Texas go check them all out. Geary's should be on Barnstormers? If not I have his number.

Latest posts