• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Trade: Shortwing Project for Flatwing Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toobuilder

Reaction score
Conceived to fill the need for a reasonably fast "flying SUV", this airplane features a flat floor from firewall to aft baggage bulkhead to accomodate a wide range of loading options, and yes, I planned on sleeping inside on flying camping trips. The structure shares its primary dimensions with the Piper Shortwing line (Piper Shortwing Drawing CD is included) so will fly substantially like a Pacer. But this one has 180 HP and a CS prop on the nose, so will likely outclimb almost anything in it's class. The fuselage features two full sized door openings in front with a single cargo door on the right rear. Main doors are intended to be a split type, with the lower section hinged at the front, and the upper section hinged at the top, cub style, but much larger. The search for higher cruise performance is enhanced by the use of Cessna 170 gear legs and the RV-6 cowl. Tail wheel is an Aviation Products unit on a titanium stinger spring.

The project includes everything pictured here, as well as flaps, ailerons, fuel tanks, a new Andair fuel valve, a 0 TSOH prop governor, and a bunch of Tri Pacer interior stuff.

The low time since OH (but no logs) engine pictured is available and includes two magnetos, fuel pump, servo, stock sump and intake tubes, and other odds and ends. It is very clean inside and appears to be the low time engine it was represented to me as. Prop came off a flying RV-8 and is in good shape.

I'm primarily looking to trade the airframe for a similar single hole Pitts airframe and hang my 180. I'll sell outright if I have to, but I figured since I'm going to turn around and buy a Pitts, a trade would save a step.

Price is $3,900 without engine or prop, $10,900 with everything. Aircraft is located in Mojave, ca.

2u4h6oh.jpg

167jlgz.jpg

xlcsqq.jpg

vcum3b.jpg

2lbg9kg.jpg

2bdv9d.jpg

Latest posts

Back