• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Trim cntrol & Spades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff

In Remembrance 7/14/20200
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyone have a couple of pictures of how the trim control rods exit the fabric of the rear wings of the Skybolt?

I am covering these now and cut the inspection hole so I can thread the linkage to the center section between the two wings. Also good for dripping a couple of drops of oil into the second but last rib bearing during mainenance. The but rib bearing can be accessed for lube, when taking off the cowl between the vertical and horizonal stabilizer.

I have the glass fiber spoilers but would like to see an example of how these rods exit and how the spoilers are located and fabric attached.

You know, over the years I have looked at yellow bird, but there are so many things that I neglect to check out!

Thanks in advance. Eric.

Latest posts

Back