• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Trim system name?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff

In Remembrance 7/14/20200
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the name of the elevator trim system?

Often when people are visiting the hangar they ask...
What this? what do you call that? never seen anything like this before, tell me about it! etc.
And I want to appear like I know what I'm talking about;)

So it's got me pondering...is there a name for it?
Elevator trim tab stays on one plane while the elevator is moved.
Not earth shattering but would be interesting to know the name or type of system.
Pictures to show what I mean...

DSC_8251 (800x536).jpg

DSC_8252 (800x536).jpg

DSC_8253 (800x536).jpg

Latest posts

Back