• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Trimming for cruise flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john g

Reaction score
I recently have my skybolt back in the air and looking for help with trimming for level cruise flight.
1. Elevator trim tab works perfect for level flight however I have to hold right aileron and a little right rudder to keep straight. I do not have a trim tab on the rudder. I have also noticed that the right flying wires are vibrating more than the left?
2. What's the standard practice for determining the correct tension on the flying wires?
Thanks, John
20101024_153731_IMG_0500.jpg

Latest posts

Back