• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Tube Beading Kit

jerr888

Registered Users
Reaction score
Parker tube beading kit model number 416. 4 pieces, 3 for internal and 1 I think is for external. Can't do pictures
Mint condition in bakelite box. $125 + ship

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jer I'll take it. Tried to send you a PM but it says there is no more room until you delete some old stuff, so web site rejected it. Shoot me a PM with your email and I will respond, I can do PayPal or send you a check. Either is fine with me.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Got the box yesterday Gerald and nothing broke! Nice job of packing. I will put check in the mail tomorrow, thanks. Now I have a question that maybe you or someone else can answer. I see there are some missing parts and one size roller is broke or maybe just missing a part. Can parts for these be bought? I just did a search and found ATS has what looks to be the exact replacement. Anybody have any experience there? I will be giving them, ATS, a call but I will do some more research as I need to learn to identify the various size parts.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jerr, don't sweat it, I am very happy with what I have. I only know there is something not quite right because of the internet and I want to make the kit whole if possible, as it is just to nice to not make it so. There is a kit just like yours with what I believe all the pieces except for a broken box but it is listed at $350 start bid. and ATS wants over $700 for a new set! :eek:

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Jer, he says with egg on his face, I just discovered that the bead kit has most everything that is supposed to be there. I had not seen the 4 holes, one each corner and 3 of them contain pieces! So I think I am down to maybe just one bushing missing but won't know until I do some more investigating. I am in love with the kit, wish I had long ago!

jerr888

Registered Users
Reaction score
Whew:
Yeah:
We used to make good stuff in this country. Glad your happy!

Latest posts