• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Turbine Toucan

grassroots

Premium Member
Reaction score
If someone buys it for me and pays for the gas, I'll put your name in big letters on the airplane. ;)

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the new owner will actually fly it instead of trying to market it. I understand the money etc. but seems that project was always a marketing ploy. Hope to see it at a lot of airshows in the future!

Kris
Oklahoma City,OK
Currently restoring a Ranger powered Starduster Too

HighTow

Registered Users
Reaction score
I'm the high bidder! I'll have to sell the HighTow if I get it.

Wade McNabb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Amazing potential in this airplane.

Too bad we never had a chance to see it really perform.

Maybe the new owner will strut its stuff!!

CAKevin

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, so what is everyones guess of how much it will go for??

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think the toucan is really cool but anytime I read any classified telling me I have the chance of a lifetime to own a one of a kind I move on.

CAKevin

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I think the toucan is really cool but anytime I read any classified telling me I have the chance of a lifetime to own a one of a kind I move on.
"Spruce Goose"? Come on...it got airborne.

Turbine powdered???...Hmm. maybe it could takeoff do a loop and land in the same spot??? it does have an extra wing...

Last edited:

Wade McNabb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Haven't seen it fly in person but several videos are out there.

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=swhSLbQHL74[/ame]

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iIZdTBGZi1Q[/ame]

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I spoke to the pilot of the plane about 3 weeks ago. I was going to make a trip to San Carlos to look at something else and he was going to show me the Toucan and tell me all about it. I bought the 12 and never made it there. A few weeks back he told me the owner didn't have a plan for the plane and I don't think he knew it would go for sale this soon. No clue what he wants for it? Maybe a million????? I don't think it will sale quick? Richard did say it was awesome to fly.

Reaction score
If you are an old fart you probably remember the turbine Great Lakes at Oshkosh. Pretty impressive.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
What happened to the Great Lakes?

Kris
Oklahoma City,OK
Currently restoring a Ranger powered Starduster Too

Latest posts