• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Two piece TI firewall?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I’ve been watching for some time for a reasonably priced 36” x 36” piece of .016 or .020 titanium sheet to come up on eBay. I know there are online metal suppliers who would sell and ship such a piece for $350-500.

Smaller sheets of .016 and .020 TI come up with some regularity for under $100 each on eBay.

Assuming use of correct rivets, would it be complete idiocy to join two smaller pieces of titanium sheet to make a Pitts firewall?

I don’t have the capability or friend resources to weld it.

Latest posts

Back