• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ultimate 10-200 for sale

bluesidedown

Reaction score
Ultimate 10-200 built in 1997, 143 hours since new on airframe and approx 623 on 200 hp AEIO-360–A1E and approx 57 hours since new on a Whirlwind 200C prop. Plane had all hoses replaced with firesleeve, B&C inverted pickup and new oil cooler. Had mags replaced with e-mag and one p-mag 114 series,converted to auto plugs NGK BR8ES and new wires New tires and brakes, wobble pump replaced with electric fuel pump.

Asking 53,000

E-mail me if you are interested @ [email protected]

P1000257.jpg

jstreat

Reaction score
Is that Darrel Grounds old bird? If it is, Very well built. Also, if it is, did you know that engine had a head on with a Cow in Texas:) The engine ended up on your bird. The airframe was a Factory Exp T model Pitts. Greg Dobesh in Tx owns the T now.

JST

bluesidedown

Reaction score
You can only go by what is in the logs, what the seller tells you and the NTSB records. Which says the engine was from a plane that suffered from fuel starvation in a AcroTek S1T N49308 in a engine out landing in an orange grove in FL. A ways from TX. After the engine was checked for run-out and less than .001 and nothing in the logs telling of rotating impact or a prop strike with a cow and I have been flying for 150 hours. But if you know of an actually encounter with a cow, then please call me 704-604-0855 and give me the N-Number of the plane it was in.

jstreat

Reaction score
Don't know if it is the same engine,. It was on a S1T, dark green in color. There is a pic of it at Aresti Aerodrome, TX. Don't remember if the N Number is visible. Has the owner next to the bird with his boot on the dead cow. It may have happened outside of Texas. The owner of the S1T ended his life up here in CO, suicide by gunshot. I will try to find more info.

JST

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Bluesidown, Jamie, and anyone else that wants to know........the engine in the Ultimate above IS NOT the same engine that hit the cow!! Daryle Grounds and Gary Swanson bought the salvage of the airplane in Fla. There was definitely nothing wrong with this engine when it showed up in Texas, I know, I checked it myself (I didn't make the log entry...maybe it was Don Ort) and tried to buy it from Daryle...he wouldn't sell so we pickled it at my hangar. The engine is as represented referenced in the log entry above. Glen Frick got most of the airframe from Swanson to finish up the airframe and stuff he got from Bruce Sidlinger (the ''cow killer'' guy).

The cow killer incident happened at F46, Rockwall, Texas.

Last edited:

christopher

Reaction score
Apparently this post should be retitled to Cow Punching with Biplanes. If it happened once then it probably happened again - on video!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGhMb06ZLBY[/ame]

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
The 'Cow Killer" incident happened nearly 30 years ago. Hardly worth even bringing up now. Couple of other inaccuracies in the story here. Let the dead rest.

Last edited:

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
The 'Cow Killer" incident happened nearly 30 years ago. Hardly worth even bringing up now. Couple of other inaccuracies in the story here. Let the dead rest.
...and let someone sell his plane. Time to get back on topic.

Latest posts