• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Update on My BGL

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christopher

Reaction score
Hey Ya'll, I was just reminded that I hadn't posted anything on mine in a while... Sorry, There hasn't been much to report. I have been trying to recoup from buying the engine and found that I was missing pages from the plans. I called ACS to order a new set and they informed me I was out of luck, they were missing a page :eek: and couldn't sell plans at the moment. Apparently some pages had been lost between the printer and ACS. They had located all but one page, luckily I had that page! :D Now ACS has the plans again and I have a full set again. WOOHOO! Then I decided to get to work on anything for my bipe that I could physically touch, and after some pondering, decided I want to be able to roll it around. The first thing I needed for that was wheel pants... right? :rolleyes: Well I posted an article on my progress so far on those ( The Stearman Circling town was a nice motivator! :) ), and have gotten farther with them since. That'll be the next article. I also have been Digging through my scrap pile looking for suitable fuel pumps to dissect for cutaway pics. Well, anyway I plan on mounting the tires/tubes tonight. Then, because there are three ways to do them drag/anti-drag wires I am going to do some research to decide which way I want them. I still haven't gotten the use of a tig welder, so the fuse and other parts are still in a holding pattern, but at least I am still plugging away! :cool: I had to put a fuel pump in my Lincoln last weekend and have to rebuild the entire front end ( CV axles, wheel bearings, ball joints, bushings, brakes, etc ) this weekend so that kinda hurts, but I can do it better and cheaper ( total cost on the new in tank fuel pump was $30.00 and elbow grease. Estimates ran from $250 - $450 ). Now Ya'll Know the latest. Check out the article and keep pluggin' along. :cool: BTW I haven't gotten to fly now for well over a year... Any open seats? :eek: Please! :eek::eek: Maybe even Smizo's Wing Walker??? :D Best Wishes!

Latest posts

Back