• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Updated Skybolt Starduster Biplane Checklist

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you use paper or electronic checklists in your biplane?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Sometimes

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

DC_Wolfe

Aerobatic Pilot
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently updated the checklists I had posted earlier on the forum. If anyone is interested in them I thought I'd share the updates we put in after getting more familiar with the Skybolt.

Updates:

* Changed to a Bi-Fold from a Tri-Fold. Fold the checklist long-wise, then again the short way. The on-ground checklists are on one side, the airborne on the other. Flip the checklist around and the emergency checklists are there.

* Increased the Font Size. My eyes aren't what they used to be.

* Standardized to Arial Font, a sans-serif recommended for checklists.

* Removed some non-essential items to shorten the lengths of the checklists.

* Based on fixed pitch prop, fixed undercarriage.

* Added "Reminders" in short, small, 8 pt font.

* Retained the Lycoming Fuel-injected start procedure. Those with carburetor engines can eliminate several steps and just put "Engine... Start". Included Lycoming IO-360 limitations... you can easily substitute your own if you need a reminder.

* Removed the listing "*" in front of items

* Removed italics

*Fixed typos

* Included a space for local airport frequencies for brain-fart moments.

* Formatted in MS Word .docx and .PDF. Open/LibreOffice now formats okay, too.

* Google Docs mangles the formatting. Links below have the .docx files (download to view properly). You should be able to edit them to your liking much easier now.

If you like it, let me know. I know many just use "BC-GUMPFS" and Master/Mag, but if you do like checklists, and use these, if you have any feedback, let me know. We're always adjusting them as we learn (Hence why this is like revision 37).

Tailwinds!

PS - Does anybody use the Foreflight checklists or Miracheck on ipad/iphone? If so, do you like them?

Skybolt (Starduster) POH: http://bit.ly/wolfeairshows-skybolt-poh
Skybolt Preflight Checklist: http://bit.ly/wolfeairshows-skybolt-checklist-preflight
*UPDATED* Skybolt Normal/Emergency Checklist: http://bit.ly/Skybolt-Bifold-Checklist

Attachments

• Normal-Emergency-Checklist-Skybolt.pdf
    162.1 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back