• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

USB in panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m currently gathering up instruments and designing my new rear panel for my Starduster Too. I see they have USB panel mounted ports now made for the aviation world. I’m just not much of a tech guy so I’m trying to see if there is any reason to have these WITH or in place of a cigarette lighter receptacle. (They obviously make all sorts of USB adapters you use with the cigarette receptacle). The only thing I could come up with is you could wire the usb receptacle into your com/intercom so you could hear music from a portable device. (Right?). Other than that is there any other benefits or reasons to use the stand alone USB receptacle over a cigarette receptacle with a USB adapter if needed? (I’m going to have a Garmin 696 hard wired and have built in com, intercom so only portable device I can think I might use will be a iPad for navigation maybe and charging my phone etc. I plan on using XM radio for music since I like the XM Weather anyway)

Latest posts

Back