• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Useable fuel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harleygaz

Reaction score
Hi. Does anybody have any figures for useable fuel in the main and center wing tanks for a 'Duster Too?

I just had my annual and they drained the tanks to fix a leak. I only got 12 and a bit in the top tank The tank is marked as 16 gallons which would mean 4 didn't drain with it tail down on the ground but I don't know how much of that would be useable in the air. As far as I know the tanks are made to the plans as of about 1972 as when I refilled I got 28.2 in the main and the plans say 28 so on the ground it's all 'useable'. BTW the 0.2 went all over the cowling and onto the ground because you can't see when it's full and the guy on the gas truck didn't stop at 28 as I told him to. I asked him to fill the top tank too which meant the 'and a bit' I mentioned went all over the center section and in the front pit which luckily had no seat in it because again you can't see when it's full either. Before I get comments about only putting in a known amount I wanted them full to calibrate my dip stick. That is now done so in future I wil not be throwing $6.00 a gallon Avgas all over the ground...

Any ideas on useable fuel in the two tanks would be appreciated.

Cheers
Gary
N503CM

Latest posts

Back