• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

VESTA Props

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

exp2ex

Registered Users
Reaction score

Anyone have any info on Vesta Props ?

http://www.vestav8.com/

Pretty nice looking props.

Owner used to be a MT dealer. He compared it to a MT but with some internal upgrades, owner in field maint, and no wood.Apparently he has sold 100 or so props and looks like they arefor any application up to unGodly HP applications.

Cost is 1/2 or less than a MT. Edited by: exp2ex

Please, no duplicate posting. The othertwo weredeleted.

jgnunn said:
Please, no duplicate posting. The othertwo weredeleted.

Ok. What is the best way to get the most views or feedback for a listing ?

Just post 'um.

I'd venture to guess that most folks use the "recent posts" tab to catch up on what is happening----anything you post anywhere will pop up there.

BTW----I like the looks of those props---especially the 2 blade, 180hp prop with elec. control. Would work well on our solid flange Lyc.

Not much point keep posting the same post over and over..it will get deleted.

Solution: I will move your topic/post to the Vendors List, and cos I'm nice :)I will make the topic 'sticky'...this means it will be at the top of the vendors listing indefinitely...how's that?

Thanks,

I am not selling the prop. I am looking for information from someone who might own one.

Degan

Ok, the 'sticky' has been removed. Looks like really nice work on those props.....

Yes, quite interesting.
I will be talking to the owner this week.
I am interested in installing a 3 blade on 200hp acroduster II.

GT3-68-78" 3 blade,Jyhostroi Govenor, and spinner kit - $ 7500
The 2 blade is $1000 less.
and this includes several more layers of fiber and a few more pins. Not sure why,the props test to 80k lbs. twice what the FAA requires for certified props.

He does not know of any that are installed on aerobatic aircraft that is what has lead me to asking the orig. question.

I will inform the owner of the advertising media offered here.

DeganEdited by: exp2ex

What about counterweights in the event of oil pressure loss? I don't see any in the photos. An acro prop is typically equipped with counterweights that will move the blades to course pitch in the event of oil pressure loss. This prevents overspeed of the engine during acro where it is not uncommon to have momentary losses of oil pressure. MT props include counterweights AND an internal spring to perform as desired in acro. How many blade designs do they have? The reason I ask is that I have always found it interesting that some companies offer the exact same prop for 250hp thru 400hp versions of an engine. MT, on the other hand, has a bunch of props with specific blade designs for a 260hp lyc, up through the 400hp jobs Lycon turns out. Counterweighted versions (acro versions) of MT props are considerably more costly than non acro versions.

I would have the same questions as the above post regarding counterweights. One question I have is why are you looking at the 3-blade since I'm assuming the Acroduster has sufficient ground clearance for a 2-blade? I've got a 200 HP Acrosport II with a 2-blade MT on it and love it.

I'm also curious as to experience with these props though, since it might be an option for the Christen Eagle we're building.

Regards,
Mark

Thanks for all the info. Give Jason a call with these questions. Let him know that chip sent you. I want him to know I am serious about a prop and tell him we are discussing this on this fourm. That would be great. You never know. We all could be stumbling upon a really nice product.

Two blade is probably my interest. Who dose not want a 3 blade hangin out front.

Thanks all for this info

Mark

I have the same concerns. I suggest you call Jay and find out who is using the props.

Degan

Just talked to Jason. Props can be made to default corse or fine for aerobatic flight via spring and reverse govenor. The reverso governor would move the prop from flat to angled via oil pressure. So loss of oil would give you higher pitch. But can be made either way.

Just so you know. He advised me that he can duplicate any type of prop. Aerobatic or not. Does not matter. He just need the dimensions.

Want a CLaw. Just get the #'s for it.

DeganEdited by: exp2ex

Latest posts

Back