• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Vintage Pitts photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pete51577

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
For the past many years I have been collecting old, vintage aircraft photos and color slides. My main focus, in order to not go fully into the rabbit hole and have my special lady friend kick me out, has been local aviation history stuff (Hudson Valley, NY), and "interesting and unique" vintage and classic planes. I find old photos and especially old color slides to be just about as close as you can get to time travel. Having a lifetime love and obsession with Pitts aircraft, I have, at this point, quite a few photos and slides of Pitts, usually of the homebuilt S-1C variety, from the 60s - 80s.

So, I figured I'd start a thread and see if anyone was interested. Hopefully some of you can post photos you may have. The ultimate goal? Have one spot for a collection of photos of Pitts through the decades....maybe even get a photo of every one ever built! Now thats a goal!

Anyway, I'll start with these.
These are scans of color slides I have from the early-mid 1960s.

Enjoy!

04420002.jpg

04420001.jpg

04420025.jpg

04420022.jpg

04420023.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back