• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Acro 2

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
a buddy of mine at the airport is in search of a nice acro 2. went to look at one on saturday with him, but it was a little too rough around the edges for him. figured id post it up here and see if anyone has any leads. he is looking for a nice one, and said to use my judgement. so, you guys know my pickyness by now, so if you think i would think its a nice one send me the lead....... thanks :cool:

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
now thats funny....... :D

ironman43

Reaction score
but it's true smiz. You've put a high mark on the wall.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, well I see your point, haha! :D

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Will do, thanks!

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and he is looking for a flying airplane, not sure if I made that clear in the first post.

acro540

Reaction score
Hey smizo, you got that acroII flying yet? I've got a set of acro II wings for sale. You can buy these and help your bud build one lol. yours has the cool carbon fiber turtledeck right?

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Haha, he's not a builder. Mine isn't flying just yet, soon. Yep I'm the one with the cf TD.

gmann750

Reaction score
Cool. Add another biplane to the northeast pa contingent!

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
well its just relocating...... its down by you somewhere near Lebanon. but it will be cool to have it up my way. only biplanes up here are a skybolt that flies 2 hours a year and a stearman thats out every weekend......

D.grimm

Registered Users
Reaction score
Beautiful airplane, not to be nosey, and you don't have
to answer but I'm thinking of selling my Vagabond for the high
20's. How much more do I need to add to get a decent Acro II?
Dave

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
25-35 range they seem to be going for.......

gmann750

Reaction score
well its just relocating...... its down by you somewhere near Lebanon. but it will be cool to have it up my way. only biplanes up here are a skybolt that flies 2 hours a year and a stearman thats out every weekend......
I don't recognize it at all, there is one in reading with the Stars and Stripes on it. Find out what airport it's at, maybe deck, or Keller bros????

gmann750

Reaction score
It looks like it from Keller bros, 5 miles south of me. The runway is like a fairway its that smooth.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
yep thats the one. we went and looked at the captain america one 2 weeks ago and passed on that one.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Lookey here what just showed up yesterday. My buddy Tom bought it. I'll try and find some build info for you guys. I know it's an early to mid 80s build and still original. O-360 with no invert anything. CS prop. Got some things done differently. Slave struts a bit different to help with bending, which is nicely done. Fin offset is eliminated like mine. Landing gear fittings are .125 4130! Some things need updated and repaired, but it will be a fun plane for him. It has straight slot screws in all the side panels! Yuck!

The clown is across the taxiway from me and has been leaving his hanger door open so if I look out mine that's all I see....... Real nice.....

image-1679566980.jpg

image-2836855044.jpg

Latest posts