• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted AEROFLASH POWER SUPPLY 12 - 14 VOLT Part number: 152-0007

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can buy a new Aero Flash Power supply # 152-0007 12 -14 volt a used serviceable one would also be considered. I bought this from A/C Spruce some time ago and in the mean time the company has gone out of business the strobe light works fine plugged into another power supply. I would of course entertain another system, but the mounting was made for this power supply, and would take some
152-0007.jpg
work to fit it for a different strobe and power supply, any help or ideas would be appreciated? Dave

nick1881

Registered Users
Reaction score
Dave, pretty sure these are what I have on my project currently. Plan was always to take them off and go LED. On a trip currently, but when I get home I can take a few pictures for you if interested

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey thanks and yes would be interested, am in no big hurry send a note when you are back and ground bound, and we can go from there. Dave

bpulaski

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When left idle for long periods these power supplies can fail.

I recall there is a procedure for bringing them up on reduced voltage for a short while to get them started. They can then be run on full operating voltage. You'd need a power supply that can output variable voltage.

I may still have the troubleshooting pages from Aeroflash with the pertinent info. I'll give a look and let you know.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Thanks. It did work for a short time, and the other one I have is working and seems to work just fine? Dave

bpulaski

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the Aeroflash troubleshooting document. The "warning" paragraph has the info about possibly resurrecting a power supply with reduced voltage.

Attachments

Timbob

Reaction score
Enough voltage to resurrect the dead or vice versa! These things have large capacitors that store lots of kick, be careful. Even if its not working it can still have a charge when powered that will bleed off over time.

biplanebob

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the power supply can be opened.....maybe get the numbers off the capacitors (with caution) and order new ones from Digikey or Mouser .

Latest posts