• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Wanted: Book - The Techniques of Aircraft Building (Tube / Wood / Fabric Aircraft)

ernstfokker

Tinkerer
Reaction score
The Techniques of Aircraft Building (Tube / Wood / Fabric Aircraft) Paperback – 1986 by S. H. 'Wes' Schmid (Author)

ASIN: B000EJQY5W

Similar book suggestions very much appreciated.

TIA
-EF

IMG_0976.JPG

Vilhelm

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, exellent book. A real bible to me when I was building my Acro Sport.
It could be had from Acro Sport Inc. in Hales Corner, WI which sold Acro Sport plans. After Jean Kinnamans death I don't know if plans and other Acro Sport stuff is still available :(

ernstfokker

Tinkerer
Reaction score
After Jean Kinnamans death I don't know if plans and other Acro Sport stuff is still available :(
Yup, my problem exactly... the little information there is about closing the estate and relocation has left access to that stuff in limbo.

I obviously understand the hard times for the family and extend my condolences.

I just posted to see if anyone cared to part with their copy of the book.

-EF

DLWilliams

Premium Member
Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Yup, my problem exactly... the little information there is about closing the estate and relocation has left access to that stuff in limbo.

I obviously understand the hard times for the family and extend my condolences.

I just posted to see if anyone cared to part with their copy of the book.

-EF
PM me your mailing address. I have a copy I can give you. I have originals of the old Acrosport newsletters, all of the Bingelis books and access to a Smizo, so I don't need my copy. Yours for the taking. However, if you find you don't need it, please just pass it along to someone else that's interested in building one.
Dan

ernstfokker

Tinkerer
Reaction score
PM me your mailing address. I have a copy I can give you.
Truly above and beyond, Sir. The people in this forum are the literal cream of the crop.

I have (...) access to a Smizo, so I don't need my copy.
:D :D :D

Yours for the taking. However, if you find you don't need it, please just pass it along to someone else that's interested in building one.
Dan
Will do... Or I can send it back to you after reading. Its rightful owner and that sort of thing. :)

I'll PM for the specifics.

Thank you.

-EF

IanJ

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
If we're passing this book around, I'd love to have a chance to read it through. I'd also love to have my own copy for reference, but they don't appear to be available.

jrs14855

Reaction score
Has amuone checked with EAA for the book. EAA,sold the book for many years.

ernstfokker

Tinkerer
Reaction score
Has amuone checked with EAA for the book. EAA,sold the book for many years.
I tried all the usual suspects, including EAA, Ebay, Amazon... Even did a google search to see if I could find some forgotten link, to no avail.

Then I tried posting a wanted ad here. :)

-EF

Latest posts