• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Wanted: Ellison Throttle Body 4-5

x2flycrj

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have a Ellison 4-5 Throttle Body laying around they might want to sell?
I just had mine sent off to Ellison for an Overhaul, and when it was sent back to my Engine shop, apparently someone swiped it after delivery.. so I'm out a TB. Ellison doesn't have any new ones for sale since they produce them in very small quantities and won't have one until the end of the year. Thanks for the consideration.
Greg

Bond007

Registered Users
Reaction score
Consider it a sign,and do yourself a favor,convert it to fuel injection
Danny 007

jstreat

Reaction score
Sounds like the engine shop owes you a nice Air Flow Perf Injection system.

JST

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like the engine shop owes you a nice Air Flow Perf Injection system.

If that is in fact the case I suggest getting a new Precision Silverhawk or Airflow Injection system unless you just really have to go back with what your had.

x2flycrj

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah all good suggestions but the shop says they’re not responsible because it never got delivered and the most the carb was insured for I think was $3000 so we’ll see. How much is a cost to add injection on an O-360?

Ryan Mactaggart

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Would it be appropriate to remind us who the shop or shipping company was, so other don’t lose their stuff?

x2flycrj

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I’ll hold off until it gets resolved.. but it’s here in Colorado.. the shipping company was the USPS.. personally I would NEVER ship an expensive box via USPS.. always FEDEX. But Ellison said they ship all the time like this with no problems.. So in reality Ellison wasn’t at fault. They did ship it to the right address but the USPS didn’t deliver it to the exact hangar Number.. they left it with the airport admin office where many of the business pick up their stuff.. The airport doesn’t remember who picked it up.. there were a few boxes.. And the Engine shop swears they didn’t pick it up.. but thinks.. “ you never know it might show up” I’m like what?! Then they reminded me that there are other engines ahead of yours even if we find it... I’m thinking you’ve had it for like two months and now you’re telling me this!? Weird.. The deal is that it WAS insured by Ellison, but they don’t have any more on the shelf, and won’t until the end of the year.. Steve the Owner of Ellison has said he’d pay me the insurance money for a new one, but I’m still out the Throttle body.. Also, the shop won’t even start on the engine until they get my throttle body.. Saying they don’t want the engine to take space while waiting for the Throttle Body... Grrrrrrr

Last edited:

cashflyer

Reaction score
You know... Ellison could have required a signature on the shipment.

With Fedex, if you add insurance then the system automatically flags the shipment to require a signature on delivery (at least it does with our Fedex account).

x2flycrj

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, Ellison did require signature, and the airport administration building signed for it. The post office said it always delivers packages there and then the businesses pick them up there..

x2flycrj

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also Ellison said they’d reimburse me what it was insured for.. $800 for the overhaul price.. but I’m like uhh no I need the replacement cost. It’s lost. Sorry only insured for overhaul cost... what!?

x2flycrj

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To finish this thread.. It miraculously showed up on Friday at the business it was supposed to be shipped to.. so thank the lord I don’t need to replace it now. Thank you for those that looked for one for me. I appreciate it. And even the suggestions to Fuel Injection. [emoji50]. I’d rather not spend that kind of dough right now. The Ellison normally works great!

x2flycrj

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes sir! Great news! And the rebuild will continue! [emoji106][emoji106]

Latest posts