• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Wanted heavy duty brake calipers

DanSalcedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted heavy duty brake calipers for 5 inch wheels.

30-133 or 30-164 theses fit the 5 inch wheel but have a larger piston.

I can trade also for the regular size, I have a few of them.

Want a little more stopping power for the S-1-11

Dan

scottseagle2

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have a set listed on barnstormers by the Christen eagle stuff.

DanSalcedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, Thanks, I need just the calipers, and looking for used for now. Trying to find the price on the Grove,

Youngman1

Reaction score
Almost all of the Red Bull Air Race guys are using Beringer now. I've got a set for my Laser. Fantastic quality product. They are also standard fit on a fair few aircraft now including Cirrus SRs.

http://www.beringer-aero.com/en/

DanSalcedo

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow Those Beringers look great. The Groves only fit there wheels, not interchangable with Clevelands. I'll keep looking for a used set as I want them, don't need them.

Thanks,
Dan

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Prometheus has the Berringer brakes. Very powerful. Will flip the airplane on its back, in a heartbeat.

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like Beringer got their bugs worked out...when they were new I contacted a few of the well known pilots trying them at the time and was told universally to save my money. One Reno racer even offered me his demo set for free he hated them so much...

But clearly that was then and this is now, would love to try a set on my S-1-11 some day.

(For now I’ve got the heavy duty Grove dual piston setup, happy to give a pirep when I hopefully get her flying later this year.)

Last edited:

Latest posts