• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Wanted: Pitt's Model 12 Plans

mekstrand

Reaction score
Looking for a set of Model 12 plans. Thought I'd check and see if anyone has a set they dont need before I order.

Skybolt143

Reaction score
I have a set of plans, lathe cut list complete and all bearing cages are welded by a certified aircraft welder, a few misc parts. 400.00

andrewrichards

Reaction score
I have a set of plans, here in Australia. I will even throw in a HP wing kit (wooden components) plus the 9 piece leading edge. $3850 AUD plus shipping.

kjkimball

Been there...Done that...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Andrew,

I know you purchased a set of Model 12 plans from us but where did you get the wing wood kit and leading edges? DId you buy them from a builder down there or someone up here?

andrewrichards

Reaction score
kjkimball said:
Andrew,

I know you purchased a set of Model 12 plans from us but where did you get the wing wood kit and leading edges? DId you buy them from a builder down there or someone up here?
Hi Kevin

They were purchased out if the US and imported in to Australia. I picked them up as part of a recent trade, thought about hanging on to them and building a Model 12 but if someone wants to buy them then they are for sale. Model 12 isn't on my list.

Andrew

Last edited:

andrewrichards

Reaction score
andrewrichards said:
Hi Kevin

Just curious why you would ask the origin of the wing kit and leading edges, has there been a recall or SB on them?

Andrew

kjkimball

Been there...Done that...
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
^ No recall or SB on the wing components or any Model 12 component for that matter.

I do, however, like to know where our kit components are so that we can be sure to offer the best tech support possible to those who are working with the parts. The Model 12 family is larger now that it was years ago and because of this, I rely on customers to inform me when they sell parts to another or the purchaser to let me know they now have parts from us. If you would, please drop me an email with the details of original purchaser and any owners prior to you so I can update my records here. Also, if you do sell these parts, please drop me another note with the purchaser's info.

andrewrichards

Reaction score
No worries, I will let the prospective buyers know to they will need to email you directly with the origin to obtain tech support.

If you know anyone who may be interested let me know. They have been on the market for little while now at $3,500 Inc the leading edges.

Latest posts