• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Wanted - Pitts S1 for Purchase

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bipedream

Registered Users
Reaction score
I want to buy a flying Pitts S1 and have cash in hand for the right airplane.

If you've been considering selling and are looking for a good home for your airplane send me a message and let's chat.

What I need:

• Straight airframe in good condition with either no damage history or well documented repairs
  • Electrical system with starter, alternator, battery, comm. and mode C transponder
  • A canopy due to Seattle weather
What I would like:

• Stock airframe or with well known modifications
  • Low empty weight
  • Inverted fuel and oil with fuel injection preferred
  • Smaller engine (O-320) is okay

Here are a few basic questions:

• Empty weight?
  • Year built and who built it?
  • Any modifications from the plans?
  • Factory or homebuilt fuselage (short/long)?
  • Wing type (C, D or S etc.)?
  • Landing gear type?
  • Engine type, time and date of last major (new or overhauled cylinders) etc.?
  • Light or heavy crank flange?
  • Prop type?
  • Known issues or damage history?
  • Equipment and systems?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back