• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Wanted: Pitts S1S

divesailkite

Registered Users
Reaction score
Good Afternoon,

I am new to the forum and in the market for an S1S. I have been looking through Barnstormers and the usual websites for weeks, but wanted to see if anyone had insight on planes for sale that aren't listed in those locations. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Blue Skies,

Chris

cwilliamrose

‍‍‍‍‍‍‍‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ ‍ 
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Is that rust I see on the engine mount? Also, it says it was build in '69, does that mean it's a short fuselage?

divesailkite

Registered Users
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. If anyone hears of something at their local airport, please pass on my contact information. Thanks!

Taildragger

Reaction score
divesailkite, there's a nice S-1C about to come on the market at my home airport. Engine was just overhauled and reinstalled and the owner is test flying it. Should go through the condition inspection soon. If you're interested in a C instead of an S, let me know.

gnielse

Reaction score
Hi Chris,

I have a very nice S1-S with less than 100 SMOH and and an MT prop. I'm looking at new planes so contact me if you would like more info.

Grant

jrs14855

Reaction score
Curtis built S1S just listed on Barnstormers. Spring gear 760 empty. The Curtis built S1S's are the best flying of all.

gmann750

Reaction score
Curtis built S1S just listed on Barnstormers. Spring gear 760 empty. The Curtis built S1S's are the best flying of all.
This is my airplane, I'm starting the search for an s-2e or a, I hope I'm not making a mistake cause this thing is awesome. That 760 lbs is with a metal sensenich prop, skytech starter and alternator, and transponder. I can't seem to get a picture uploaded.

BlackBaron

Reaction score
This is my airplane, I'm starting the search for an s-2e or a, I hope I'm not making a mistake cause this thing is awesome. That 760 lbs is with a metal sensenich prop, skytech starter and alternator, and transponder. I can't seem to get a picture uploaded.
Did you already sell? If not is it stretched at all?

divesailkite

Registered Users
Reaction score
Thanks for all the postings. I'm still looking for the right Pitts S1S if anyone knows of any.

Latest posts