• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Wanted - Sensenich 76 x 60

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Hi
I was in the process of selling my S1 here in Australia and the gentleman buying it unfortunately ground looped it and flipped it on the upper wing and vertical stab and rudder. Unfortunately insure wont cover it.
I have post out there selling 3 props and wings etc, unfortunately the props have been sold. I will be putting the wings and factory tail grouping on it, putting the engine in for a prop strike inspection.
I am now looking for a realistically priced Sens 76 x 60 which is the same prop which it has been running.
I still have the factory S1S landing gear (need the wheel pants), panel with a few instruments, stringers, cowl and firewall. I would be happy to throw all of those in for a trade.

Andrew

DamoH

Reaction score
Is this for a 180hp? If so i may be able to help. I'll have a look tomorrow and see what we have got.

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Thanks for that highly appreciated, it is 180hp parallel valve.

Andrew

macwolf

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
man, what rotten luck!
Now I feel bad I have your 3 blade one..

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Hey Stu, yeah a bit of bad luck and a bit of work for me but aircraft can be repaired, I am just glad the guy wasn't hurt which is the main thing. Looks like the 2XS will go on hold for a little bit while I fix this one, have our second baby due in July so I will be out of action for a little unless I give up sleeping for a year or so. The 1XS is coming along just nicely so will have something to fly! The engine is just about done.
Those shipping companies are unreliable from time to time, I sure hope it makes it to NZ......

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Thanks Tom, I did see yours advertised. I am really looking for a 76 x 60 but will keep my options open. I just sold a low time 76" x 58" and a 76" x 60" very cheap and am kicking myself now.

acropilotbret

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

Most of the time you can repitch a originally UNPITCHED senenich metal prop up to 4" of pitch so you might keep that option open too. But if it has been repitched already you may be out of luck
Edited by: acropilotbret

Skypalman

Reaction score
I was told it could be repitched 2 times maximum up to a cumulative 4 inches of pitch.

Tom

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Repitching would be a bit of a pain for me and an extra cost. Keeping it as an option if I can find something.
Still looking for the moment.

DamoH

Reaction score
Andrew,
Sorry for the delay in reply. I had a look today and we have a 76 x 56.

Damon

gnielse

Reaction score
I may have a 76x60 for sale soon. I'm trying to work a deal for an MT, and if it works, I'll need to sell mine. Would you want the spinner, bolts etc?

Grant

andrewrichards

Reaction score
Hi Grant

I ended up going with a Twisted Composite 7660. Steve was great to deal with and the prop (yet to be installed) looks awesome. You should give him a call over the MT.

Andrew

Latest posts