• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Wanted

chef

Registered Users
Reaction score
Looking for a late model S2A, or possibly the right B...
PM or go to chefpittsairshows.com for contact info. Thanks!

IMG_0179.jpg

Nate

Preparation A thru G failed, now it's time for pre
Reaction score

PittsBird ZB

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hey Clemens, do you know if the guy in Wellington that bought Tom's S-2A ever did anything with it? Restore it?

Jason

chef

Registered Users
Reaction score
Don't know. I check the number from time to time. No idea. It's a shame, though. That was a great airplane. N53078.

PittsBird ZB

Registered Users
Reaction score
I do the same thing. Even sent a message to the apparent owner on FB but no reply. Hope it's made new again and stays in the states.

Good luck on your S-2 hunt. What are your plans with it? I know of a local A that never gets flown. It needs a little wing walk repair but otherwise appears pretty nice shape. I think it is the last one built on short gear though (#2105 IIRC).

Jason

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That S2 N-number got my attention, was close to the C150 N50738 that I got my PPL in 1971.

Not to hijack your thread but this makes me sad as 50738 was lost 20 years later:

Type:

Cessna 150JOwner/operator:privateRegistration:N50738C/n / msn:15069520Fatalities:Fatalities: 1 / Occupants: 2Other fatalities:0Airplane damage:Written off (damaged beyond repair)Location:Kure Beach, NC -
United States of America Phase:Manoeuvring (airshow, firefighting, ag.ops.)Nature:privateDeparture airport:Wilmington, NCDestination airport:Narrative:
THE 24 YEAR OLD PILOT FLEW THE AIRCRAFT AT LOW ALTITUDE OVER THE SURFACE OF THE OCEAN. A WITNESS REPORTED THAT ITS LANDING GEAR HIT A WAVE, THEN THE AIRCRAFT NOSED OVER. THE PILOT WAS RESCUED, BUT THE PASSENGER DROWNED. TOXICOLOGY TESTING OF THE PILOT AFTER THE ACCIDENT REVEALED A BLOOD/ALCOHOL LEVEL OF 0.165%. THE PILOT HAD FLOWN THE AIRCRAFT WITHOUT THE OWNER'S CONSENT. THE WRECKAGE WAS NOT RECOVERED FROM THE OCEAN. CAUSE: THE PILOT'S POOR JUDGEMENT, WHILE IMPAIRED BY ALCOHOL, AND HIS MISJUDGEMENT OF ALTITUDE/CLEARANCE ABOVE THE WATER AFTER INITIATING A LOW PASS.

Latest posts