Warner 185X Radial Engine coming very soon

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Monocoupe, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Oct 20, 2017 #1

Monocoupe

Monocoupe

Monocoupe

2. Oct 20, 2017 #2

Monocoupe

Monocoupe

Monocoupe

We are looking for owners of airplanes that would like to have a retro fit kit built for their flat motored planes. We especially would like to do the following kits: Pitts, Great Lakes, Hatz, Bucker Jungmeister, Starduster Too, WACOs, etc. So if you have one of these airplanes, and you would like a round engine on it, please contact us.

This is an example of our retro kit we are doing:

Monocoupe Aeroplane is proud to announce our "retro fit" kits soon to be available for the Bearhawk Patrol. We are the manufacturer of the new Warner 185X radial engine and have been working on retro fit kits for numerous airplanes, starting with the Bearhawk. We feel that the kit is a great upgrade to an already fabulous airplane and gives the plane a stellar look, and with the anticipated 250+ horsepower, the performance will be unbelievable. Kits will include a new engine mount, all the sheetmetal laser cut for the boot cowling and lower cover, new retro looking instrument panel, stainless steel firewall and fiberglass engine cowling for the 185 Warner. A template is also included for trimming the windshield.. No fabrication necessary- everything is a bolt on. If you are interested in turning your Bearhawk Patrol into a "Grizzly Bearhawk", email us at contact@monocoupe.com

[​IMG]

3. Oct 21, 2017 #3

airplanegeek

airplanegeek

airplanegeek

Supporting Member Supporting Member

Great engine. Best of luck with the product. I can see a real need for an engine in this category.

4. Oct 21, 2017 #4

bigblackmastiff

bigblackmastiff

bigblackmastiff

Premium Member

I'm not ready to pull the trigger, but i would be interested in this as an upgrade from the Warner 145 on my RNF...especially if the transition (paperwork) is made easy in the future. Keep it up, you have my attention.

5. Oct 21, 2017 #5

bf92

bf92

bf92

What are the dimensions of the engine: Length, diameter, weight, etc?

Danny

6. Oct 21, 2017 #6

Kelly

Kelly

Kelly

Wingnut Supporting Member

BF92, my understanding is it's a direct copy of the 185 made with new materials. I could be wrong but if that's the case it would be
    14" long (don't think that includes the prop shaft)
    36.5" diameter
    and weight per their website is planned at under 300 lbs

7. Oct 21, 2017 #7

Lotahp1

Lotahp1

Lotahp1

I think it’s wise to see one of these run on there test stand. I wish you the greatest success! But need a running, flying example before I get too excited anyway.