• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Warner 185X Radial Engine coming very soon

Monocoupe

Reaction score
We are looking for owners of airplanes that would like to have a retro fit kit built for their flat motored planes. We especially would like to do the following kits: Pitts, Great Lakes, Hatz, Bucker Jungmeister, Starduster Too, WACOs, etc. So if you have one of these airplanes, and you would like a round engine on it, please contact us.

This is an example of our retro kit we are doing:

Monocoupe Aeroplane is proud to announce our "retro fit" kits soon to be available for the Bearhawk Patrol. We are the manufacturer of the new Warner 185X radial engine and have been working on retro fit kits for numerous airplanes, starting with the Bearhawk. We feel that the kit is a great upgrade to an already fabulous airplane and gives the plane a stellar look, and with the anticipated 250+ horsepower, the performance will be unbelievable. Kits will include a new engine mount, all the sheetmetal laser cut for the boot cowling and lower cover, new retro looking instrument panel, stainless steel firewall and fiberglass engine cowling for the 185 Warner. A template is also included for trimming the windshield.. No fabrication necessary- everything is a bolt on. If you are interested in turning your Bearhawk Patrol into a "Grizzly Bearhawk", email us at [email protected]

airplanegeek

Reaction score
Great engine. Best of luck with the product. I can see a real need for an engine in this category.

bigblackmastiff

Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm not ready to pull the trigger, but i would be interested in this as an upgrade from the Warner 145 on my RNF...especially if the transition (paperwork) is made easy in the future. Keep it up, you have my attention.

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
What are the dimensions of the engine: Length, diameter, weight, etc?

Danny

Kelly

Wingnut
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BF92, my understanding is it's a direct copy of the 185 made with new materials. I could be wrong but if that's the case it would be
14" long (don't think that includes the prop shaft)
36.5" diameter
and weight per their website is planned at under 300 lbs

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s wise to see one of these run on there test stand. I wish you the greatest success! But need a running, flying example before I get too excited anyway.

Latest posts