• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Weight and Balance for EAA Bipe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bipe125

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
I used to belong to the EAA Bipe forum but they seemed to have disappeared. I acquired an EAA Bipe P-2 project several years back. It was a flying machine for almost 20years until a ground loop in 1995 forced a complete teardown. After changing hands 3 times in 3 different states I finally found the set of wings and welded fuselage in an outbuilding in Springfield Illinois. I had aspirations to have a flying machine in a couple of years. HA!!!! after 6 years into the Bipe project I hope to get her running this coming summer. This is my first project and am always looking for help.

My concern at this point is the weight and balance. This is not a per plans Bipe. It has a few acrosport mods to help with cockpit space done before me. I am holding off on the firewall forward sheet metal until I find out what numbers I am trying to make. There are numbers for the first EAA bipe in the plans I have, but no where do they say how large my envelope is. Does anyone know the limits for this bird?

Thanks

Latest posts

Back