• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

weight loss

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pitts6J

Reaction score
Macwolf, and anyone else who's trying to fit in their airplane better,
<div style=": rgb(255, 255, 255); margin-left: 0px; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-style: initial; border-color: initial; font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-weight: normal; font-size: 12px; ">I brought the weight loss discussion here instead of where it was going on the other thread.
Probably like most, one day I stepped on the scale and said "whoa" wondering where all this excess baggage came from. I knew several pilot friends that had tried the diet meal plan Medifast with success so I started it last year while at the Reno Races. Its not an easy plan but it is easy so to speak. You must stay on the diet, no stray eating or it will throw you off. If you follow the plan you will lose weight quickly. Most men lose 10lbs the first week, then 3-5lbs/week after that with a few weeks where you have no loss. I lost the bulk of it from Sept 09 to Apr 10. The last 10lbs was the slowest as my body was leaning out. I took two months to transition back to normal food so to speak. You have to change your eating habits or you will end up back to where you were before. Now I just eat less an am more aware of WHAT I am eating and am able to maintain my weight around 195. While on the diet plan I only did light exercise, 30min of walking or eliptical machine. The diet keeps you around 1400 cal/day so you don't have a whole lot of energy to burn off, light exercise will suffice.I started exercise program as I transitioned off the diet. I chose P90x as it is easy to do on the road in hotel gyms or even in my room if I packed some minimal equipment (bands or push up handles and a mat). I did not bulk out like the ads show but I did lean out more and improve strength where I was satisfied with the program.So that's my story in a nutshell. Stay motivated and you can do it. Like I mentioned in the other post PM me if you need specifics or want more info. Its a hard road to go down but well worth the payoff.

Latest posts

Back