• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Welding support

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dc8mech

Reaction score
The first day at S-n-F Nancy and I didn't get very far into the show. First stop was the Lincoln welding tent. I needed to find out about their training program. Instead I meet Wyatt Swaim a welding engineer doing consulting with Lincoln. Found out from one of the other Lincoln guys Wyatt is the "go to guy". We spoke for the longest time. From training to selection of welding rod to helmets (of which I purchased one). Then time to fire up the TIG machine. WOW, did Wyatt ever explain how to. My beads improved vastly. Wyatt told me he answers questions every night that he receives in his email. wj327 at wowmail dot com. Just ask away. I"ll follow up on stress releiving later.
The next stop was the fabric workshop. Jon and Phillis of Poly-Fiber were there. Jon said to me if I stood too long in one spot he was going to put a red shirt on me and put me to work. Did find out Carah (Poly-Fiber worker bee) is close to getting her A part of the A&P license and just needs to finish her cross country work to get her pilots license. Way to go girl! Right now she needs to work on getting her voice back, laryngitis.
Nancy and I on Friday finally made it to the flight line. One lone Skybolt did we see. For Sale by the way.
Did stop by Van's tent and purchased a RV kit. Relax, I haven't gone nutso. Bought three of the Van's tool box so the three grandboys can assemble their own tool box with a little help. More later, Erich

Latest posts

Back