• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

What if there is a biplane flyin and nobody came?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pittss1flyer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to Columbia this afternoon, planning to stay for the rest of the day and leave so I could get back to Lincoln (35 minutes) before sundown, but no biplane (except mine) was in sight.... I arrived around 2:15, and stayed for about 45 minutes, got bored and left. The airport attendant knew about the flyin but said he hadn't seen anyone either. Mine was the only biplane in sight. Only other interesting plane was a old supercub. I had bumped around under the clouds (scattered at Lincoln, but solid overcast at 2500-2900 ft AGL at Columbia) to get there, but when going back as soon as it opened up some I went above to get out of the bumps. Of course I stayed the proper distance from the clouds going back....

Pictures show the grass strip next to the campground--no biplanes.
My Pitts, and the Cub
And the flight above the clouds going back...

IMG_1500.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

Latest posts

Back