• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

What Not To Do To Your Starduster

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It really pains me to see this sort of thing, granted it is an old build but should have been kept together, and sold this way, as it would have brought a most tidy sum "My Opinion".. But many of you Biplane lovers especially ones powered by radial engines would be dumbfounded to have seen this sort of destruction of one of the most appealing rendition of a prewar military biplane fighter. This in my opinion is/ was one of the worst things that could be done to an incredible looking biplane! There may very well be a good reason to part it out, but I can see no real value to do what was done to this airplane. It would have brought a price of well over $50 grand had it been offered as a complete airplane on the current market, granted it probably needed a rebuild, but even at that it would have sold for a lot of money.

At one time in the San Diego area their was a group of dedicated Starduster Too builders called the Glue Angles, and this person the owner at the time was one of them. The airplane, and whats left of it is currently for sale on Barnstormers, less engine flying wires and "I" struts? WTF! But then its kind of like a good friend once said Dave you are looking at it from the position of what a reasonable person would do! Dave

https://www.barnstormers.com/classified-1723599-STARDUSTER-TOO-SA-300.html

N107JC 1.jpeg
N107JC 2.jpeg
N107JC 5.jpeg
N107JC 6.jpeg
N107JC Starduster Too small.JPG

Latest posts

Back