• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

What started in 1970. . .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hardegg

Reaction score
Now has a possible foreseeable conclusion.

I started flying lessons under my dad at the age of 15 but life got in the way and I have always regretted not completing the training. since I spent so many years around biplanes in my early years i have always had the pipe dream of owning one. Since I couldn't afford the steerman dad spent do many years in I wound up fixated on the Sky bolt.

Well this past Christmas my wife surprised me with flying lessons as my big gift. Dad had once said he wanted me to learn the same way he had (tail dragger) and I had been following Four Winds here in McKenny for a while.

I met with a very nice young lady there who set me up with a very sharp instructor who has a couple of homebuilt under his belt and we set a schedule starting in Feb. He sent me some material to read over in meantime and a lot it I had read,Googled or picked up through instructional videos, but there were some new things that were a little intimidating.

With that said, I am off the wall excited.
The attitude has changed though. If I can pull this off, I'm now more interested in buying something flying and not quite so much doing a complete build.

You can put the dates together and can get the picture.

Signed the oldest rookie on the team.

Hardegg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back