• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

What to build... ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spatsch

Reaction score
A little bit about myself. I live in NJ fly out of Sky Manor with a none biplane I build (RV-8). Looking who is positing here some of you know me already.... .

The reason I joined is that I am getting antsy again wanting to build something else. I decided that this time around I want to do a plan build project, preferably steel/wood/fabric. As for flying characteristics I am looking for something with one seat I can do sportsman/intermediate acro with that fits into the LSA restrictions (1320lb max takeoff, 51mph stall, 138mph VNE, fixed pitch). Not to worried about Vne as that's just were I draw the red line before certification but the remainder needs to fit the airplane I choose.

Looking around it seems there are a couple of candidates this forum covers which fit that profile. Was thinking of the Acrosport 1 (seems difficult to get plans right now though) or maybe a one seat version of an Acrosport 2 (just admired Chris's on Sunday). If you have any suggestions I should check out I would appreciate it.

Thx

Oliver

Latest posts

Back