• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

What Would You DO ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After over a year of forcing myself not to make this post I have decided to make a “partial” post avoiding names and most of the dates for the time being. This first post is just a simple question for everyone - - “what would you do?”
I sent my 0-320 out for a rebuild on March 21, 2018 along with a $7000 down pmt.
That is almost 32 months ago, 953 days, 2 1/2 + years. I have had more projected completion dates from the rebuilder than I can count.
The most recent correspondence with the rebuilder - - -

Sept. 18 - I can have it ready to ship before Oct. 15, 2020
Oct. 13 - Your engine will not be ready to ship but will be ready to run Tuesday (Oct. 20)
Oct. 25 - Did not run your engine yet, will keep you posted.

All the above replies because I was asking for a ship date. Have not heard a word since the last message on Oct. 25.
The rebuilder is located several states away and there is ‘zero’ anything in writing. I sent the engine and $$$$ on good faith and on the rebuilders reputation. At worst there is a good chance I can kiss the $7000 and the engine good-by. If I demand it back there is an excellent chance it will be in cardboard boxes without the $7000. If I post all the relevant information on this forum he is gonna be pissed off !! Just what I want to do - - hit the key start switch before every flight remembering my engine was rebuilt by someone totally pissed-off at me.
So, back to my question - - what would you do ??
Suggestions sent via PM are totally acceptable and may be the best way. I am trying to solve this problem causing as little disturbance on this forum as possible. Unfortunately, at this point, I have just run out of options.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back